Thursday, December 01, 2016

Jona Lewie


Does Jona Lewie's 'Stop the Cavalry' belong in a Best 50 Christmas Song List? I, for one, could live on without hearing that song ever again. Same goes for 'Fairytale of New York'. The songs are not bad, it's just that they're overplayed. The odd thing is, same goes for Wham's Last Christmas of Mariah's Christmas hit, but those I can hear for days on end, even in cover version form.
Read this cool piece on how Jona Lewie made his Christmas hit that wasn't intented as a Christmas hit. Then leave your comment; does this song need to be in THIS list?

1 comments:

Jim said...

As an American, I never had the same exposure to Stop the Cavalry that Brits did, but it's been a C List part of my Christmas Canon for 20 years. Then I heard the version by We Cut Corners, and everything changed. Absolutely perfect.